Stellenausschreibung Editorial Design
Freelance Editorial Designer F/M/D
The Gentle Temper is seeking a talented and experienced Editorial Designer (f/m/d), who will be responsible for the cover and layout design for our list of publications. The ideal candidate’s portfolio showcases excellent editorial design and storytelling skills, a strong eye for photography, typography, page design, and print production.
Areas of responsibility: Editorial -/ and Graphic Design
• Realization of 2-4 of complex illustrated publishing projects per year (12 months), from initial concept to implementing corrections and final artwork of our Take Me to the Lakes-, Mit Vergnügen- and our other series and publications.
• Following briefs to produce high-quality design work for cover and page layouts of illustrated books.
• Checking images regarding their print quality and moderate image editing and optimization.
• Designing and preparing select promotional and advertising materials for sales, marketing, and licensing initiatives.
• Preparing files and images for digital and print assets: image resizing, retouching.
• Communicating and collaborating closely with the editor, project manager
• Preparing Creatives for Marketing use such as Social Media and our Newsletter
• Reporting directly to Co-Founder and Creative Director Karolina Rosina-Meisen
• Minimum 2 years of experience in a print publishing environment (designing covers and layouts, creating templates from own concepts) is a must.
• Strong creative aesthetic and a demonstrated interest in book design.
• Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign, is a must.
• Experience and knowledge of page layout and typography fundamentals is a must.
• Ability to prioritize, balance multiple projects simultaneously, and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to pay strong attention to detail and consistency.
• Ability to speak and write in English (German is not a must).
• A creative and flexible approach to work.
• Ability to adapt quickly and take feedback.
• A keen interest in the topics we cover in our publications and an understanding of The Gentle Tempers target audience.
• Becoming part of a remotely working publishing company based in Berlin
• An international team that values respect, transparency, pragmatism, and collaboration.
• Exciting and challenging projects and space for initiative.
• Working remotely from where you are, up to 4 days a week.